General Job Information
This position is located in the Contract and Procurement Division for the Office of the Deputy Director for Administration (ODDA) at D.C. Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA). Under direct supervision, the incumbent of this position responsible for all aspects of the contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award but not limited to: planning and carrying out pre-solicitation, evaluation, vendor selection, contract administration and ensuring contractor performance in the well-established aspects of contracting.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Working with senior staff in developing the bid solicitation such as the statement of work (SOW), terms and conditions, and other requirements for basic procurements; developing pre-negotiation position, determining the types of contracts and negotiation authority to be used, and preparing required justification.
- Under close supervision, reviewing requisitions prepared by program or agency staff to determine that the proper specifications/purchase descriptions are included; assists program and agency staff in developing SOW.
- Evaluating bids and proposals for compliance with specifications, purchase descriptions/purchase descriptions; analyzing submitted bids, as well as past bids and awards, to determine the responsiveness and responsibility of the bidder.
- Assisting higher level Contract Specialist, on occasion and as required, in determining the most appropriate method of procurement and with contract administration activities such as contract modifications and development of change orders; issuing stop work orders, reviews settlement proposals, and terminates contracts, as appropriate and as required.
- Attending the team/unit in procurement planning meetings and completing assigned actions; performing analyses some elements of cost in contractor proposals, and making recommendations to senior staff regarding competitive range determinations and awarding the contract.
- Attends conferences and meetings in reference to contracts or audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- The work is performed in an office setting.
- This position is deemed a security sensitive position pursuant to DCMR 6B Section 412 and is subject to a criminal background check, traffic records check and consumer credit check as applicable.
- This position is in the collective bargaining unit.
- Knowledge of contracting procedures, methods and contracting types including formal advertising schemes, cost contracting and use of special provisions and incentive programs; ability to evaluate bid responses; and basic knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures and practices
- Knowledge of most common contracting methods and contract types to plan and carry out pre-award and post-award procurement actions.
- Knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques such as cost estimating sufficient to evaluate a contractor's proposal and prepare a pre-negotiation position.
- Knowledge of program objectives, technical and negotiation techniques to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting.
- Knowledge of cost/price analysis techniques and budget preparation to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting.
- Familiarity with business practices and market conditions applicable to program and technical requirements sufficient to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and/or contractor performance.
- Skill in oral and written communication to justify, defend and implement proper contractual
- Knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office; Solid skills in oral and written communications; basic customer servicing and
- Basic customer servicing and interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints
- General knowledge of contract types, methods, and techniques including cost and incentive contracting, award fee, cost sharing arrangements, processing of unsolicited proposals, multiple awards, special provisions relating to proprietary rights, and rights in data. Contracts are normally negotiated.
- General knowledge of cost/price analysis techniques and budget preparation to conduct negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting.
- Knowledge of program objectives, technical and negotiation techniques to conduct negotiations and selection in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting.
- General knowledge of business practices and market conditions applicable to program and technical requirements to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and/or contractor performance.
- Knowledge of contract administration and termination techniques sufficient to administer and close out contracts.
- General knowledge of public information guidelines, practices and procedures regarding disclosure and release of contract information.
- Skills in oral and written communication to justify, defend and implement proper contractual
- Requires computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Grade 9: Equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Grade 11: General knowledge of procurement laws, regulations, and procedures applicable to the acquisition and administration of extensive or unique services and equipment, as would be evidenced by a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other discipline.
Grade 9: At least one (1) year of related experience.
Grade 11: One (1) to three (3) years of specialized experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience to develop and implement a multiyear procurement plan or system involving successive program stages.
Job Offers: Official Job Offers are made by the D.C.Child and Family Services Agency Only.
General Job Information
Tour Of Duty : 8:15am- 4:45pm
Promotion Potential: Yes
Duration of Appointment: Career Services- Regular Appointment
This position is a career ladder - Grades 9/11.
Grade 9 Salary Range: $51,039 - $65,709
Grade 11 Salary Range: $61,491 – $79,275
Screening Dates: Resumes will be screened every ten days. First screening date will be on Oct 9th.
Click here to apply