200 I Street, SE
Area of Consideration
Open to Public
Type of Appointment
MSS - Reg Appt
Child and Family Services Agcy
Brief Description of Duties:
- Plans and directs work through Supervisory Social Workers and monitors service delivery for staff compliance with statutory guidelines and regulations and Agency policies and procedures, to effect remediation of child abuse and neglect problems.
- Manages development and implementation of case management work plans consistent with program objectives to plan and evaluate daily operations.
- Exercises the full range of managerial authority over subordinate staff, to include
- District Schedule supervisory social workers. Monitors professional social work staff work directly or through subordinates. Evaluates supervisory employee performance. Participates in the process of hiring new staff and ensures appropriate program staff ratios. Manages personnel activities within the program.
- Guides supervisory staff in the implementation of performance standards. Resolves disciplinary problems not resolved at a lower level. Oversees the development of ODDPO's training plan; identifies and provides for staff training needs and opportunities.
- Meets regularly with first-line supervisors to discuss program progress and share information of mutual concern. Advises on and/or resolves operational problems; receives and discusses reports; makes assignments and solicits/ discusses staff recommendations.
- Interfaces with CFSA management levels and other organizational agencies and jurisdictions.
- Recommends action on obsolete, outdated, unclear and missing policies and procedures in specific program areas. Drafts or revises policies and procedures based on current changes and complexity of service needs, and provides clarifying instructions to implement existing policies and procedures. Issues general written instructions to meet day-to-day needs of the program.
- Keeps abreast of new local and national developments in social work services; policies, procedures and practices of the Department of Human Services entities interrelated with the Commission on Social Services; and, extracts and integrates information with staff.
- Coordinates program work with other public and private agencies providing legal, medical, psychiatric, placement and other services.
- Participates in the review of laws, regulations and guidelines related to assigned program. Guides the implementation of new laws, regulations and guidelines for the program.
- Keeps abreast of professional social work issues and techniques. Integrates new knowledge into program operations, to broaden and intensify the scope of contributions of professional staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
MSS At-Will Statement: Positions in the Management Supervisory Service (MSS) serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority and may be terminated at any time with or without cause.
This position is deemed a safety sensitive position pursuant to DCMR 6B Section 410 and is subject to a criminal background check, traffic records check, and drug and alcohol testing as applicable.
This position is not in the collective bargaining unit.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the child for children and families.
- It requires a thorough knowledge of related psychiatric, psychological and medical practices used in the evaluation and treatment of children and families.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of human behavior dynamics; sensitivity to cultural diversity, age, and religious differences affecting child rearing, family and kinship patterns, attitudes about illness, medical care and communication patterns to supervise social workers developing case plans, providing counseling and conducting home visits and investigations.
- Must have knowledge of pertinent resources, legal status and related policies and procedures as affect children and families; knowledge of the structure, function and mission of the Child and Family Services Agency, to supervise social work consistent with established goals and objectives.
- Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office for electronic case management requirements.
Licensures, Certifications, and other requirements
Must be a current DC Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) to practice social work in the District of Columbia. Must have A comprehensive knowledge of the child welfare regulationsfor children and their families.
Requires a valid driver’s license.
The work requires a comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, as evidenced by a Masters of Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, to provide direct social services to individuals and families.
At least five (5) years of related experience such as comprehensive knowledge of appropriate child development benchmarks, knowledge of human behavior dynamics; sensitivity to cultural diversity, age, and religious differences affecting youth transitioning from care.
Job Offers: Official Job Offers are made by the D.C.Child and Family Services Agency's Human Resources Only.
General Job Information
Tour of Duty: 8:15 am - 4:45 pm
Promotion Potential: No
Duration of Appointment: Management Supervisory Service- Regular (At-Will) Appointment