Family Link is a system-wide effort to promote communication and shared parenting practices between resource and birth parents for the benefit of children in the DC foster care system. Please read on for more information about Family Link's various initiatives and other shared parenting resources.
(Note: The term resource parent is used to refer to foster, kinship, and adoptive parents.)
Find more information below about some of the resource shared parenting through the DC child welfare system.
ADDITIONAL FAMILY LINK RESOURCES:
- Tip Sheets
- Family Link Icebreakers (45-60 minute meetings at CFSA)
- Peer Support Group for Resource Parents
- Presentations about Family Link (30 minutes each)
- Trainings on Shared Parenting (3 hours each)
- Customized Individual Support
- Tool Kit for Resource Parents