The DC Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA) upholds the letter and spirit of the DC Human Rights Act of 1977, as amended (DC Law 2-38, DC Official Code § 2-1401.01 et seq). CFSA and our employees, contractors, and other partners do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of actual or perceived: race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, status as a victim of an intra-family offense, or place of residence or business.
We treat individuals with fairness, dignity, and respect, including but not limited to:
- Children, youth, and families we serve.
- Community members who report child abuse and neglect.
- Prospective and licensed foster parents.
- Prospective and approved adoptive parents.
- Job applicants and employees.
- Other professionals partnering with us to serve children, youth, and families.