If you are unhappy with CFSA services or decisions, you can do the following:
Talk to Your Social Work Team
- Talk to your social worker, being clear about your concerns.
- You may also talk to others in the chain of command: your social worker’s supervisor, program manager, or administrator. CFSA employees are required to state their boss’s name on their voicemail. When you call a CFSA employee and get voicemail, you will be able to get the supervisor’s name and telephone number in the voicemail message.
- You may also call the main number at (202) 442-6100 for assistance.
Contact the CFSA Ombudsperson
The CFSA Ombudsperson can be helpful when you have sincerely worked with the chain of command regarding specific issues and are still not satisfied.
To request help, email Ombudsperson Marianna Abraham. Be sure to include your name, telephone number and a brief statement about your complaint.
Request a Fair Hearing
A Fair Hearing is a formal meeting much like a court hearing. Both you and CFSA give information to a Hearing Examiner. The Hearing Examiner considers this information along with laws and regulations to make a final decision. To learn more, read Fair Hearing Information.
- What to Expect at a Fair Hearing
- Fair Hearings Placement Changes FAQs
- Fair Hearings Request Form English
- Fair Hearings Request Form Spanish